Thursday, May 21, 2009

The wind has been knocked out of my sails...


So Kayla was hospitalized on Sunday by what else? A FEVER! What a surprise.
She got out yesterday and she got her chemo while she was there. She is doing good today, not surprising though since the new chemo that she is getting makes her appetite go down for a few days.

I also went with Jimmy to his Dr. appt yesterday. I was so nervous I though I was going to have an anxiety attack in the waiting room.
It turns out that the tumor has shrunk a little. It used to be 11 cm x 14 cm. It is now 8 cm x 3 cm. The doctor said that Jimmy will be getting radiation after his chemo. he has 4 more chemo treatments (2 a month, which adds up to 2 months) and then he starts radiation. He will have to drive to the hospital every day for 6 weeks. He will also be getting the proton gun. *sigh*
There goes our summer.

Other than that I have absolutely no idea how I get up in the morning. I know that I am not the one with cancer but it is really hard to be the strong one all the time and. I have to remember all kinds of medications, appointments and the names of chemo. Some examples.... Mercaptopurine, Methotrexatem, Vincrystine, Dexamethasone. Yeah I have to know those and when she last got them and all that fun stuff.
That's enough self pity for now.

1 comment:

Heather of the EO said...

It's not self pity. This is just so hard. I'm sorry. I can't imagine being in your shoes, of course. But I do know it must just be so terribly hard.

You have so much pressure on you right now. I hope you have the support you need.

Prayers to you and yours,
Heather